Monday 3 November 2014

E-learning and Digital Culture #EDCMOOC - here we are!

This is going to be my blog of #EDCMOOC. The motto is "writing not agonizing".

I thought I'd start off with a statement of intent (with thanks to @fgraver - see my third specific step). So here it is:

I want to be better able to to use digital media to engage with the students of my profession whatever their apparent distance from me (geographical, temporal, cultural) and to have a deeper understanding of the links between education and digital culture so I have the tools to learn effectively from future experience.

To achieve this I will:
  • participate as fully as I can with the course, contributing at least two blog posts a week and also using Twitter - but specifically engaging directly with other participants.
  • focus my participation on achieving my goal.
  • steal shamelessly (but of course with acknowledgment) the great ideas of my fellow MOOC members (and of course faculty!)
  • produce a final digital artefact that is relevant to the themes of the MOOC but is also reusable for my wider goals

1 comment:

  1. Great statement of intent Paul! Stealing shamelessly is definitely allowed...with acknowledgements of course!

    Looking forward to your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete